Monday, January 28, 2008

actually using technology in education

I had my first subbing experiences last week, and it went really well. I was able to sub for a wonderful 4th grade classroom two days in a row, and then I worked as a one-on-one aide for a second grader. When I was in the second grade room I saw a Smartboard for the very first time. It is incredible! The teacher utilized the smartboard a lot in his classroom- it was a huge illustration for me of how technology can be used in a classroom!
Also, I'm glad I learned more about Microsoft Word in the last class. I've been using it for a long time, but basically just to word process. I was glad for the refresher on making tables because I had to use that feature for one of my classes in this last week!

2 comments:

Pibit said...

In response to your preference to country music: I enjoy it, too!
I just got into it a few years ago. Noe I sing Lyell Lovett, Dixie Chicks, The Wreckers, bonnie Raitt, Rascall Flatts...good stuff.

Cindi Wingood said...

During my field work last semester, a Sub used a smart board with Kindergarten classroom in Rochester. She was taping the class for her permanent certification and she used the smart board during a lesson on shapes and rhyming. The kids had a blast! It was great to learn it from both views, as a student and as a teacher